Aside from being delicious, cruciferous vegetables are supposed to be quite good for one’s health, and lately I have been trying to incorporate a wider variety of them in to my diet. This week has been all about cabbage.
The dish pictured below was thrown together using ingredients I had on hand. I thought it turned out pretty well!
On a partially unrelated note, I have been accumulating a few links over the last week and I thought I might share some of them, as we are touting ourselves as a vegan food and lifestyle blog:
- World Vegan Day ’08 is coming up on November 1!
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence
- How our economy is killing the Earth
- Long Lasting Persistence of Bacillus thuringiensis Subsp. israelensis (Bti) in Mosquito Natural Habitats (this is a scientific article on the possible consequences of using Bt, a biological form of pest control, on the environment)
- Dietitians of Canada‘s Healthy lunches page
- Why faster eaters pack on pounds
- 10 facts on STIs
- The Prix Pictet
- Weird and wonderful world of creepy-crawlies Photos from the Up Close and Spineless competition